Friday, March 5, 2010

Bread

I received a bread recipe from my friend Regis, via Carry and I want to make a big batch every week. It turned out so well, but I do think I would cook it for a bit longer than I did. Also, can't wait to try it with every type of flour I can imagine.
No Knead bread recipe:

3 cups flour
1 5/8 cups water
1/4 teaspoon yeast
1/ teaspoon salt (or to taste)

-Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Let sit 12-18 hours
-Wrap dough in saran wrap. Let sit 15 minutes.
-Wrap dough in well floured towel/cloth Let sit 2 hours.
-After 1 and 1/2 hours of sitting, preheat oven to 450. Put dutch oven or oven safe dish with lid in oven.
-After 1/2 hour, bread in cloth will be done sitting. Fold dough in half, drop into ovensafe dish. Bake covered for 1/2 hour.
- Remove lid, bake for another 15 minutes
- 1/2 hour or until crust is browned. Bread is done when it sounds hollow.
I got to eat it on my new porch, in our beautiful weather, looking at my roommate, Koby's beautiful wreath. Its nice having a base, a home, and I am settling in quite nicely. Although, I do believe I saw a spider in my room last night, and from browsing a large number of photos today, I've decided its a brown recluse, but maybe a baby. Or, a wolf spider. Whatever it was, I don't think it wanted me dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment