Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bake


I wish someone could have told me all that warm weather this past week was a trick. I felt it. Today the wind wove through my clothes and chilled me to the bone so fast I regretted leaving my bed before I even reached the sidewalk
.
This morning I remembered to bring my camera with me, and the bright grey skies made it all a bit dreamy. Sadly, because I was so late to take it along, I didn't get a picture of the beautiful paint someone had used to decorate a usually dreary building I pass. I must have been close, because the wall was still wet, taking the building back to its boring brown self. The teapot is quickly becoming my favorite, essential, and most used item in the house. Now that I'm moved in, and am settling into my space I've been noticing the missing things that I would really use if I had them around. Number one of those being a good, big place to house my bread.
If this amazing bread box was not referred to as The Armadillo I don't know that I would want it as much.
Beautiful Poilâne bread box.

Lastly, the Bread Drum.

Estate sales are on the menu for this weekend, and maybe I'll find the perfect home for my loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment