Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sweet Day

Today, I got the chance to slow down and be with some of the sweetest company I know. Hanna and Jesse let me take them on a very unsuccessful estate sale hunt, and then cooked up some green chile chicken noodle soup in their amazing new house. We spent the afternoon in antique stores, and quickly found out that the stores usually give a bit of candy, tootsie pops, peppermints, york peppermint patties, and we were suckers for it. It is so nice to go a bit slower today. With midterms just behind me I had been writing and reading more papers than I think is healthy. I noticed at about seven o'clock last night that my throat was a bit sore, and then I realized I had been sort of clenching my teeth and tensing my throat. Probably since Tuesday. The winter can be hard, and I'm finding this season is a bit more unwelcome since I came home from Ecuador. I think the adjustment may have been smoother had I returned in May.
Whatever the reason for all my sluggish/tired feelings/thoughts, today felt like the beginning of something beautiful-spring.




As I mentioned, Hanna and Jesse are spankin' new home owners, and I managed to snap a few shots:

No comments:

Post a Comment